Sunday, October 28, 2012

Season 2, Episode 5: "The Doctor"

"Not magic. Science."-Dr. Whale/Dr. Frankenstein
Intriguing episode tonight, if a little bit freaky. Definitely different from what I'm used to on OUAT. I apologize in advance if I seem distant with my review, the Broncos game is on at the same time. But football is irrelevant when put up next to tonight's OUAT.

Present Fairytale World
I want to hate Hook, but I can't. Maybe it is how ridiculously sexy he is, or maybe I just can't hate someone with puppy eyes like that. I do not, however, know if I should trust him. He is not exactly a trustworthy guy, being completely driven by his hatred for Rumpelstiltskin.
Emma, Snow, Aurora, and Mulan are being lumped together now because they did nit really do much. Emma's super power is less selective now, I guess, and Snow is still awesome. Aurora was sweet trying to protect Hook, and Mulan was her mysterious self.

Storybrooke:
Oh, Lord I don't even know what to say. Yhis was just so...twisted.
Regina is amazing. Lana Parilla for ALL THE AWARDS! Regina was so broken here, and she is such a messed up character...it's weird. She is a bit like Rumple in the sense that she is clinging to the past. However what is worse is that Regina really did not have a prayer of getting the real Daniel back to her, the way he was before. I am actually hoping this whole experience makes Regina wicked again. I don't want her redeemed. I like her mean!
Dr. Whale has just made the favorite character list because David Anders is perfect. Even though I am going to miss the "WHO ARE YOU!?!?" jokes, it's okay because we got to see Whale being super awesome here. The way he played being so desperate was awesome. I hope we get a lot more of his backstory.
David is being such a Jack Shephard. Calm down, bro.
I wad so scared for Henry! Love his horse. Kid is still adorable. That is all.
Archie deserves some appreciation. Poor guy has probably had an overload of clients.

Past Fairytale World:
This was my favorite part of the episode.
Regina, again, is so broken, and I hate seeing how she became so evil. And, again, LANA FOR ALL THE AWARDS! That scene where she was crying of Daniel's body...just wow.
Jefferson is amazing. Flat out amazing. Though his circle of friends is very questionable. Rumple, Regina, Dr. Frankenstein. He needs to get it together. I 'm assuming this pre-mad-hatter, but he still seems pretty crazy to me. And since Grace was not around, I'm wondering who her mother was. It would make a very interesting story.
Dr. Frankenstein was very cool. I liked what they did with the character, and I am so excited to see more of him, and his monster. It should be very interesting.
Rumpelstiltskin was awesome, as usual. I am not sure how to feel about him planning out Regina's surrender into evil. He wanted her to let go of the past, but that did nit actually happen. Instead, she became angry and vengeful. Was that always his intention? I felt bad for the random girl Regina killed. That was mean.
Lingering Thoughts/Questions/Musings:
-Do you trust Hook?
-I know that Snow and Emma aren't Rum's biggest fans or anything, but I found it weird that when Hook said he wanted revenge on him they were just, "oh. Okay. Well, we don't trust you, but we don't care if you hurt him so I guess we'll untie you."
-Ogres were slower this time
-The lack of Belle was disappointing
-Who do you think Dr. Frankenstien's brother is?
-Is anyone else getting mega-confused by Rumple's timeline?
-The promo!! Yay for Jorge Garcia!! And teen!Emma!! I'm so excited you guys!!!
So, that's all I've got to say. Broncos are winning 31-7; it's been a good night! Questions go in comments or to twitter, @OUAFanBlog



No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead! Tell me what you think!