Sunday, October 27, 2013

Season 3, Episode 5: "Good Form"

"Does anyone know what happens to sailors who drink rum? They become pirates."-Killian Jones/Captain Hook
Alrighty! This was a decent episode. I definitely had some issues with it but for the most part, it was good. I'm also VERY excited for next week! (warning: spoilers are about to ensue) Ursula! Ariel! Ahhh, it's going to be great! Although I must say that I laughed so much when i saw Regina's Ursula geddup.
  
Hook Flashback/Fairytale Land(?)
Alright so, obviously, we got a tragic backstory on Hook to make it seem like he's actually a really good guy. It honestly wasn't that bad though. And actually when they were talking about his brother at the beginning I was like "brother...Killian Jones...Jones...Davy Jones??" But alas, I was wrong. It's just some weirdo named Liam so whatever. Either way, this story really did not bother me that much. Although that furry sail was really dumb. I really liked Colin o' Donoghue's acting in that last scene (the one where they decided to be pirates). That was really awesome even though the whole thing escalated kind of really quickly. But as far as things on ONCE that bug me go, this was pretty decent. Plus it was nice to get more backstory on Hook because I was getting bored with him just being some sassy pirate who hates Rumple and makes penis jokes all the time. 
Is Peter Pan the new Rumple? For real, it seems like he's in every story...
Neverland:
Alright, I'm going to say it right now: Emma seemed incredibly OOC in all her scenes with Hook. The whole Emma/Hook romance was just not built up enough. I feel like they were going for a Jack/Elizabeth sort of thing but this just had so much less impact than the kiss in "Dead Man's Chest". Don't get me wrong, I liked the Hook/Emma kiss, but there was just not enough buildup for it to be extremely meaningful. The aftermath though! The way Hook touched his mouth all sexy-like and Emma had that look on her face. . .to me, that was better than anything they have done with Captain Swan in the past. This is not took say that Emma and Hook have such a beautiful love that was clearly intended from the start because it wasn't. At least, I do not think it was. I really think this is a 'shippers wanted it' sort of thing. 
I knew they weren't going to kill off Charming. The writers are boring in that department. That's all I'm saying on this. 
Hook was actually pretty cool here except for when he suddenly had this intense interest in Emma. (I'm sorry guys, but it was SO sudden). I liked that he saved Charming and didn't take Pan's deal. I think it was actually more about the fact that Hook is actually a decent person (which I've always thought. I never really say Hook as a serious villain) than his need to make Emma love him! I'm looking at this as character development as opposed to his chivalry for Emma.
Henry did not like the mirror-skyping, and I want to see where that goes. 
Pan is awesome. I'm going to be so mad if they kill him off because he is actually the coolest. 
Everyone else was kinda dumb so they don't get their names in bold today. 

Lingering thoughts/Questions/Musings:
- So like where was Neal...and Rumple...and Belle? Is Belle even still on this show?
-How much do you wanna bet that Charming will find some powerful water or something of that nature to leave Neverland? You're whimps, writers. Everyone knows it. 
-May we have some Peter Pan backstory please?\
-There was an apollo bar! Did anybody else see that!?
-What do you think will happen with Henry?
-What do you think will happen with Captain Swan? Swanfire?

Okay, that's all from me! Sorry there was no Wonderland review on Thursday, I promise there will be this week!! If you have questions or comments either put them here or tweet me @OUAFanBlog. Thank you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead! Tell me what you think!