Sunday, October 6, 2013

Season 3, Episode 2: "Lost Girl"

"You may have been a princess, but you will never be a queen"-Regina
 Hello everyone! It's so good to be back! I hope ya'll had a lovely day (I'm sure you did as long as you're not a cowboys fan. Sorry, I had to.). This episode was...um...well, honestly I don't know. It was not bad, but I think they could have done better. There were some awesome aspects and then some thing that were just totally hit and miss. Anyway, enough of me being annoying, on with the review!
Fairytale Land:
So, this was a lot about Snow and Charming and honestly, it was probably the most irritating part of the episode. I think that the writers have approached Snowing a lot of different ways and this one was always just...bad. I remember last year's "Lady of the Lake" or season 1's "Snow Falls", or "7:15 AM" and I just think that those Snowing-centric episodes were much better done than this one. I like that they support each other, but in my mind Snowing is really not as sappy as this shows they are. 
Regina was the better part of this. I love evil-Regina. I find her to be so much better and more interesting than the Regina we get in Storybrooke or the one we're getting right now. Regina's character is really flip-floppy, honestly. I think that's because the writers are trying to please everyone and sacrificing good writing to make that happen. Either way, she was really cool in FTL this episode and I loved that. 
The dwarfs were my absolute favorite. I loved them being sort of like older brothers to Snow, it was fabulous. 

Neverland:
Alright so I'm going to clump everybody who was annoying into one group and talk about them as briefly as possible. Snow, David, and Regina. So, they're pointless right now. Completely. I don't know what the writers were trying to pull with this, but it's super dumb. I don't know. That''s all I have to say about that. 
Hook is definitely not one of my favorite characters, but he was not that bad here. I liked him and his bromance with Charming, and I liked his whole flirtation with Emma to some extent. I wish we got some better backstory with Hook though. His character is falling flat for me because we don't know much about him. I think that was something Lost did really well. They made sure every character had a really good backstory so you felt connected to everyone. 
Emma was awesome. I like her toughness and her disapproval of Snow and Charming's bs. It was great. Much applause to Jen Morrison for selling that. 
And now, of course, we have the Rumpel/Belle thing. So, I love rumbelle. You guys know I do. But I fully thought that this entire little thing was only in the episode to please the shippers. It was not bad, but it was a little pointless. I'm really being totally condescending though because if there was no rumbelle I'd also be upset. I don't know how to feel about this just ignore me. Emilie de Ravin looked absolutely stunning here though, she is flawless. 
Finally, Peter Pan. He is awesome. I really like him as a villain, but also just as a character in general. He's clearly got some amazing backstory that we had better hear. I'm so excited for Peter and I know that he's going to be awesome. Peter Pan wins my favorite character award for this episode. That should be a thing, shouldn't it? The favorite character award per episode?

Lingering Thoughts/Questions/Musings:
-So, the doll is from Rum's dad? Do you think we'll get that story in an episode?
-How are ya'll liking Peter Pan?
-Those Lost references. I honestly feel like they should rename this show "Fairytale characters visit the island"
-No Henry here. Good? Bad? Why???
-Tinker Bell next week!!
-How did ya'll like the episode?
-So, Merlin exists, and Camelot exists. Thoughts?
-No Neal. No Aurora. No Mulan. That's a little upsetting to me, actually. 
-I'm going to make a post about OUAT in Wonderland because it looks awesome!!!

Thanks for reading! Please follow me of twitter (@OUAFanBlog) and leave your comments and such. I love you all, stay magical and I will see you guys on thursday because I have plans for OUAT in Wonderland ;)


 

1 comment:

  1. I loved the Rumpbell scene as he really did need her to be there to tell him what he really knew, and it's not like we all don't need to sound off and have some reassurance we are doing the right thing from those we care about. So in my opinion it was a needed scene, my only criticism would be that it seemed a bit strange how well she took quite well to be suddenly grabbed round the throat, given that in the past she's got upset if he even shouted at her.

    Hook and charmings budding bromance is actually quite funny, and makes sense that he wants to try and get on the parents good side, now that he's making moves on their daughter. Although I can already tell that there's going to be some element of hook and swan getting it together, so we can have a pointless angst filled episode later when she finds out Neil is alive.

    Rumple was a bit out of sorts this episode I think. He was the dark one for a long time, did some really bad evil stuff and is supposed to be the strongest magic user there is, and yet he can't destroy some stupid doll?? Plus he should be powerful enough to have just found Henry and killed off all the lost boys with a click of two of his fingers, and yet here he is trudging away through the forest doing not much. It's disappointing imho.

    Biggest non-suprise of the episode was the part where charming reveals he's been cut by the arrow. Surely I wasn't the only one who saw that coming...and now we're going to have the cliched 'i'm sick/dying but can't possibly tell those that love me, until it's too late and they will have to devote a whole episode to saving my life' bs that we have had from countless other shows.

    All in all, I just don't think the writing is up to scratch compared with previous episodes. I hope they do better.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead! Tell me what you think!