Sunday, March 17, 2013

Season 2, Episode 17: "Welcome to Storybrooke"

"I'll find you, dad! I'll never stop looking!"-Owen
This was such a great episode. I am really starting to like the storyline that ONCE is creating. There are a lot of things that they can potentially do now, so I am very excited for the rest of the season. 

PAST STORYBROOKE
We got Graham back! I am so glad we saw him again in his sherriffy form. I really love Graham and even though he wasn't in a ton of the episode, I was satisfied with it. I was also fine with how they handled the relationship between Graham and Regina. I am sure many of you have seen the twitter shenanigans that was going on with Adam Horowitz and some ONCE fans over the Graham issue. I didn't know what they were going to do, and I had a hunch it would anger these activists no matter what, but whatever. I thought what thy did was fine, and it worked out well. 
The more important part of this was Regina. We now know the reason she wanted Henry. This whole segment was just so heartbreaking because literally all she wanted was to be happy and to share that happiness with someone. She just didn't know how. It's a common theme with Regina, and it was amazingly sad to see here. It's even worse that she totally terrified Owen and Kurt. 
Mr. Gold was so funny because Regina probably expected him to have his memories and he was just like "lol nope."
PRESENT STORYBROOKE
To be honest, I actually wasn't much into this whole thing. It was kind of stupid and not much happened, so I'm okay with the fact that they didn't spend too much time on it. 
So, Emma and Neal are now being lumped in with David and Mary M. We can call them "the four idiots". it can be a spinoff on ONCE when the show ends.
Henry was trying so hard to be a peacemaker, but he was not doing so good with it. 
You know what's messed up? Mr. Gold says "ok guys watch Belle or I'll kill you" and David and Mary M don't even bat an eye, but when MM is the one in trouble David is all like "YOU OWE ME SOMETHING". Like ok, you ditched his girlfriend and then saved his life so I think we're even.
I feel like ONCE should be called "Torture Regina Time". Seriously. 
I actually really dislike Greg/Owen. He bothers me even more now because Regina was like "I don't wanna hurt you ok just don't run away". And I feel like if he hadn't run away they could have been like "So Regina...this is my kid not yours and we live in New Jersey and we're gonna get you your own kid cause I know you and the sheriff are banging. Sound good? Ok, peace." They were being too dramatic about it.

LINGERING THOUGHTS/QUESTIONS/MUSINGS:
-What do you think will happen with Owen?
-Is there a reason they didn't show Belle in the asylum?
-I really want to see what happened to Owen's dad now.
-So, Henry has literally heard the same freaking lesson in school every day for his entire life. He was probably like. "YOU SAID THIS EVERY DAY!" "WHERE IS SUMMER" "OK LEGIT WHY IS NO ONE QUESTIONING THIS EXCEPT ME??" "
MARCO THAT SIGN IS BREAKING EVERY DAY JUST GIVE UP!" 
-So, I'm listening to the ONCE Podcast (they're awesome, ya'll should listen to them) and they thought exactly what I did. I thought the lovey-curse thing was THE curse. Like, the one that brought them to SB. I thought that Gina was re-enacting it. 
-This episode was one that I really liked. The writers have a really interesting track record.  Some good ones, like "Lady of the Lake", but some less good like "Child of the Moon". The director did "The Heart is a Lonely Hunter" though, so it all came together nicely.
-Granny is so sassy: "when I said over-easy I was talking about the eggs!"
-*spoilers* we get too see August next week, and he's still wooden. I really should not be laughing about this.
-The whole dynamite thing was very Lost-ish. I was down with it. 
-*spoilers* we're also getting to see Neal's lovely fiancee next week. *unenthusiastic woo*

All in all, a pretty good episode. I'm excited to see the rest of this season. Stay magical and I'll see you lovely people next Sunday! Hit me up on twitter and stuff @OUAFanBlog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead! Tell me what you think!