Sunday, March 3, 2013

Season 2, Episode 15: "The Queen is Dead"

"Maybe it's time for me to change"-Snow White/Mary Margaret
Hello, my dears! I hope all of you are having a lovely Sunday! First off, if any of you missed the ONCE cast at paleyfest and would like to see it, you can watch it here. Secondly. . .sweet Lord this was a painful episode! Not that it was bad, it was actually quite good, but it was just. . .so painful! However, it was more than I expected seeing as how it was not written by Eddy and Adam or Jane Espenson. Hats off to the writers of this one. 



THE FAIRYTALE WORLD:
I've never been a huge fan of Little Snow. Don't get me wrong, Bailee Madison is wonderful and she plays the part so well, but I just don't love the character. Plus, I thought she was written kind of off tonight. I was alright with it though. 
Snow's Mom was kind of pointless. I feel like the only reason they put her in the episode was to show off what a jerk Cora is. Same thing with Johanna. I suppose they both showed how Snow became so good and stuff, but I thought it was kind of dumb. 
So, I guess I owe the Blue Fairy an apology for all the times I have called her evil. Perhaps it wasn't even her who agreed to Gepetto's psychotic plan or broke up Grumpy and Nova. However, I'm still not forgiving her for Bae. That couldn't have been Cora. 
Cora really is the worst, most evil character in the entire world. Also, I don't get why she even wanted Regina to be queen so bad. Why didn't she just bewitch Leopold with some love spell and marry him herself? Why'd she have to being Gina into it? 

STORYBROOKE:
This segment was pure insanity. I mean...the whole episode was, but I think I flipped off my TV the most here. 
I know that I told you guys I like Regina a lot better evil, and I stand by that, but i feel like Cora really ruins it. I like Regina being independently evil, not just doing what Cora says to do, if that makes sense. Also, Cora pushing Johanna out that window was literally the most heartbreaking thing in the whole world I almost died. It was so sudden I just had no clue what to even do with myself.
Snow and Charming/David were both being dumb here. I don't even know why I think that. I'm tired. Please ignore me. 

MANHATTAN:
Oh God what to say. . .
Emma and Neal clearly still love each other. I don't care how much I say SwanQueen should be canon, Swanfire is the best thing to ever happen to this earth and if they do not pull themselves together and understand that they are completely in love, both of them will be slapped. By me. Or Gold, who clearly ships it. 
Hook honestly just makes me laugh at this point. Not the stabbing Gold, because at that point I just wanted him to stop existing. The Milah thing was like a bajillion years ago and he needs to cry me a freaking river, build a bridge, and get over it already. I know that sounds evil, but I can't not think it. Also, I couldn't stop laughing at the fact that they knocked him out and left him there. What's going to happen when the cops show up and he's all "I am a pirate! I need to get revenge on Rumpelstiltskin! I'll stab ya'll with my hook!"? I seriously cannot get the image of him in a mental asylum playing connect four with crazy people out of my head. 
Mr. Gold getting stabbed was just plain cruel of the writers. I get that it was to show the sympathetic side of Nealfire, but still. They are really torturing Rumple right now and I do not approve. 
I feel like the whole point of Henry here was to show that an eleven year old can be more sane than three grown adults. 
So, this chick Tamara is literally only there to cause drama, in my opinion. Neal will obviously leave her for Emma, Henry, and his dad. She's a waste of character and I'm just hoping they get rid of her in a timely manner. 

LINGERING THOUGHTS/QUESTIONS/MUSINGS:
-Henry gets the sass award for his line tonight: "It's cheesy, delicious, and doesn't lie."
-Regina's face when she found out Cora killed Snow's mom was perfect. 
-So, do we have to trust the blue fairy now? I'm still skeptical. 
-It's starting to become really laughable how no one gives a single crap about August. 
-What are you guys thinking as far as this Tamara person goes?
-This whole Evil Snow thing seems like a total sham, but I'm still excited for it. 
-Okay, so the promo was flat out terrifying. It had better be Cora who dies is all I'm saying. 
-A lot of people are still crazy about this Captain Swan thing, even though Hook is currently M.I.A. Personally, I don't like it, but what do you guys think? And how do you feel about a possible love triangle involving Neal/Emma/Hook?
-A lot of people seem to think the dagger on the clock tower is a fake. What do ya'll think?
-We didn't get Greg the weirdo in this episode. Does anybody...you know...care?
-Next week is the highly anticipated episode, "The Miller's Daughter" thoughts?
-General thoughts on the episode?

That's all from me! If you want to know anything else, simply leave a comment or hit me up on twitter @OUAFanBlog, or my tumblr, robinsparkles14. Love you guys, have a fantastic week and stay magical!

1 comment:

  1. Just wanted to say that my jaw definitely dropped multiple times during this episode...and I mean, like ACTUALLY dropped in shock.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead! Tell me what you think!