Sunday, February 17, 2013

Season 2, Episode 14: "Manhattan"

"The future is a puzzle"-Rumpelstiltskin/Seer
 That. Was. Gorgeous. Eddy and Adam are the Gods of television. Seriously, ONCE had better get some damned Emmys for that one. I mean...WOW! Definitely one of the best episodes of the season. THE BEST unless you'd like to plead "In the Name of the Brother."
STORYBROOKE:
Regina and Cora and Hook were being lame. Especially Regina levitating things when psycho-Belle and Greg-the-nosy-jerk were not far away. Hook just needed to calm down and think rationally about everything because he sucks at that. Cora just needs to stop because she is not going to be defeating Rumple in her wildest dreams. Nope. I refuse to believe it is even remotely possible. 
I demand that they stop abusing Belle. David and MM are the worst protectors ever. 
That conversation David and MM had basically sums up the entirety of the show. 
Greg needs to go away. 

THE FAIRYTALE LAND:
Oh my God this was the saddest part of the episode I was crying. 
Milah was just being evil here, and I think what she told him when she was with Hook was total crap. It was easy to see from the start of the episode that there was a time when she did love him. Or at least a time when it really seemed like she did. 
The Seer was really just creepy, but I loved the twist at the end! That was super awesome!
And, of course, poor Rumple! I felt so, so sorry for him here! All he wanted was to be with his son and he ended up missing out on that! Saddest part of the episode by far. 

MANHATTAN:
This. Was. Amazing. 
I'll start with Henry, who had every right to be mad at Emma for lying to him, but it was really lame of him to play the "you're just like Regina" card. Yes, Emma was very selfish by lying to him, but still. That was not a cool thing to say. Though I am so excited to see him get to know his dad. 
Nealfire was being a little unreasonable, I think. Of course he has a reason to want nothing to do with Rumple, but I think he should have given his dad a little bit of time to speak without the threat of hurting Emma. That was cute though, because you can see that he is still so in love with her, and the thing he said about his dad at the bar was really touching. 
Gold was a really confusing character throughout this whole thing. I feel like Belle needs to recover soon or he is going to end up doing a lot of things he'll end up regretting. It was also very sad to see that he wanted to use magic to fix everything. He should have known Bae wouldn't like that. 
And Emma was in rare form tonight. We actually got to see her show a bit of herself to people like Gold and Henry when she normally just puts up that wall MM talked about last season. I just hope that we get more of her and Neal. I mean, there's not much more of an option now, is there?

LINGERING THOUGHTS/QUESTIONS/MUSINGS:
-SWANFIRE IS LEGIT THIS MADE ME SO HAPPY YOU DON'T EVEN UNDERSTAND I WILL NEVER GET OVER IT
-So, I definitely think that Micheal Raymond James needs to be upgraded to a regular now. 
-I'm so happy that they made Neal Bae. I mean, if he wasn't, they would have missed out on a lot of stuff that they're getting to explore now. Even if you are unhappy with this turnout, you have to admit that it will be very interesting. 
-Okay, so...nobody hates August as much as I do, and even I am wondering where he went. It's been a really long time, and nobody has questioned anything. It seems like even Gepetto gave up. I know he will be featured in an upcoming episode ("Selfless, Brave, and True"), but it still was weird to me that when Neal mentioned him, Emma was just like "Oh yeah, I forgot he exists."
-Although, best like of the episode was definitely "YOU LEFT ME BECAUSE PINOCCHIO TOLD YOU TO!?" It really just tells why you can't explain ONCE to someone who doesn't watch it. 
-Ohmygod I could not believe none of us guessed what was in that box. That was awesome. 
-Did you guys see the promo!? *dies on the floor*
-So, I don't think Rum is actually going to kill Henry...but what do ya'll think was up with that?

That's all I've got! Stay magical, I'll see you guys in two weeks! Comment or tweet me, @OUAFanBlog 

1 comment:

  1. Henry being Rums undoing could mean so much, but since he's Bae's son I don't think Rum could even try to kill him and not lose Bae forever. The undoing part, that could mean he defends him from someone and gets redemption, but something happens. It could mean that he is the reason they find the dagger and use it to control Rum...So many possibilities, must know!! As long as it doesn't end with Rum dead though D:

    Oh and I think August needs to stay in hiding rofls.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead! Tell me what you think!