Sunday, December 15, 2013

Season 3, Episode 11: "Going Home"

"Your happy ending may not be what you expect, but that is what makes it special"-Mary Margaret/Snow
Hey ya'll! Sorry I was MIA last week, my computer was broke and I couldn't write this. Anyway, this episode was CRAZY GOOD! I mean, besides the fact that I was really confused about some of the things. A lot of things, actually. But still, GREAT EPISODE!

FTL FLASHBACKS:
Okay, so IMHO the Snow/Charming flashback was pointless. They have rehashed that whole thing SO many times. It's obnoxious at this point. 
Looks like there was a little bit of Hookerbell romance, if you ask me! I'd like to see more than that, it was super interesting. I'd like more clarification on the whole "after all we've been through together..." thing. 
The cute little Rumbelle bit was really nicely done. It was like a whisper of season 1 whisked through the show. And the fact that it was Bae's birthday was just really sweet. i loved that. This was my favorite flashback, honestly. 
I believe this was all the flashbacks? Forgive me if there was another, and please remind me and I'll add it!

STORYBROOKE:
Okay, so I don't want to go through this character-wise so I'm sort of just going to give a rundown of what happened+my thoughts!
The start of the episode, with Peter Pan telling Felix that he never loved Rumple was incredibly messed up for a lot of reasons. First off, in "Think Lovely Thoughts", Pan told Rumple that he never forgot about him, but then here he's like "hahahaha I never loved Rumple lol." And I feel like if Felix was actually the thing Pan loved most, he would have felt a lot more remorse. 
Next up, with Pan and Rumple in the shop, it was once again incredibly effed up. It was kind of like reassurance that Pan actually does not love Rumple at all. Robbie Kay, though. That boy is so amazing I was in shock at his acting in this scene. Amazing. Robert Carlyle also. They're both just so amazing. 
The other crazy scene in this episode came after that, when Peter Pan froze everybody. Now I must say that Rumple's dagger drama with his Papa was so brilliantly done. The fact that he kissed his Papa goodbye was amazing. I could tell by the tumblr reaction that some people were bothered by this scene and the whole thing with Belle, but I thought it was great and Emilie de Ravin was GREAT. 
I thought through all the goodbyes "wow that's one slow moving curse."
The Henry/Regina moment was really sweet. 
The ending was so lost-esque oh my god. 
All the things I am confused about are in the initial reactions podcast at onceodcast.com. seriously, listen to that and my entire plight will be explained. 

LINGERING THOUGHTS/QUESTIONS/MUSINGS:
- What bad thing do you think happened to everybody?
-How did Hook get back?
-does everybody have their memories still or...?
-Do you think Rumple is actually dead?
-May we have Robbie Kay back please?
-I cannot believe we have to wait until March 9th oh my od. 

I have so many more questions but they are escaping me right now. If you wanna chat or have questions or whatever just hit me up on twitter @OUAFanBlog! Thanks so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead! Tell me what you think!