Sunday, April 21, 2013

Season 2, Episode 19: "Lacey"

"You're not who I thought you were. . .and I'm glad"-Lacey/Belle

So, this episode was actually really great. I loved it, even though it was so dumb at some points. I don't know. . .I guess it was just because I was having a really bad week and this episode just really helped with that. It seems like everyone is pretty happy with this one though, and with good reason. 
THE FAIRYTALE WORLD:
Alright, so I'm just going to say this right now: What is the point of Robin Hood? Because he actually did absolutely nothing to contribute to the show. I mean, the promos were like: A NEW HERO WILL EMERGE! But he didn't even do anything! He just stole a wand and then healed some chick (probably Maid Marian) who we may or may not see again. We didn't even see him in Storybrooke! I'm just confused, and I'm sick of the promos being misleading. 
On a happier note, Rumpelstiltskin and Belle were so great in this episode. I liked that it showed a much different side to them in FTL than we saw in "Skin Deep". I didn't really like it better, but I still liked it and I was happy that we got it. It was also kind of interesting to see that there was a point in time when they were neither friends nor lovers, and that was really cool. Plus the parallels between this and what happened in SB were hilarious and great. 
  
STORYBROOKE:
I'm just going to start with Tamara and Greg because I hate them so much.   I honestly do not think their existence is necessary and I made that pretty clear on my tumblr. I really hope we can be done with them because the show is perfectly fine without meaningless conflicts like this. 
Hook in that trailer thingy was hilarious. I'm sorry, but I laughed so hard. 
I liked seeing Anton. He's cool, and I liked how buddy-buddy he was with Emma. 
Emma and Neal just need to figure this thing out. Clearly they both love Henry and it looks like they also love each other. The issue is Tamara, which is stupid, and again, meaningless conflict. 
Do Snow and Charming want to go back or not? I feel like this is always on the cusp of being resolved but then never is. 
Regina was her lovely, evil self tonight and that was awesome. I love it when she's like this, and I think it's great that we are seeing the character that we originally fell in love with in season 1. 
And now for the biggie: Lacey (and Gold). Personally, I like Lacey. I think she's funny and clever, she's just a little bit lost and doesn't know what exactly to do with herself. I was really intrigued by her and I'm curious as to what she's going to offer Mr. Gold in the future. I think that their relationship is going to be really interesting to explore (especially since I've just gotten word that next weeks episode is written by the one and only Jane Espenson). 

LINGERING THOUGHTS/QUESTIONS/MUSINGS:
-The dream at the beginning was so freaky, but I'm glad that they brought up the whole "Henry is Rumple's undoing" thing because I thought we'd dropped that. 
-Do you think Lacey will eventually remember that she's Belle?
-How about Greg's dad? I mean, "Welcome to Storybrooke" was probably my favorite episode this season, so I think we should further that storyline. 
-The Rumple/Charming bromance is the best thing on the show. I was laughing through that whole segment. 
-What do you think happened to that wand Robin Hood stole?
-What do you think will happen to Hook now?
-Do you think Neal or someone else will catch on to Greg and Tamara's shenanigans? 
-Why is Tamara calling Owen Greg? Doesn't she know who he is?
-What is the point of Robin Hood?
-Do you think they should go back to FTL? 

That's all I've got! Stay magical, I'll see ya'll next week! And remember, no more breaks for this season! Yay! If you all have questions or want to discuss some more, leave a comment or hit me up on twitter @OUAFanBlog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead! Tell me what you think!